On this week’s episode of the Defense & Aerospace Report Air Power podcast, sponsored by GE Aerospace, co-hosts JJ Gertler and Vago Muradian analyze the news of the week and interview an expert on both remotely piloted aircraft like balloons and how to bring them down, airpower analyst and former F-16 pilot Heather Penney of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Power Studies. She discusses the lessons learned from the recent Chinese balloon incursion over the United States; challenges in bringing down such an aircraft; the intelligence benefits of studying it both in flight and on the ground; the seams in turning target detection to action, the need for more airpower in Ukraine, and more.
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable Mar 24, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [Mar 23, 23] Ep10: Fly Navy!
- Cyber Report [Mar 22, 23] Justin Sherman on What to Expect from TikTok Hearings
- DEFAERO Strategy Series [Mar 21, ’23] w/ Commander of the Royal Canadian Navy Vice-Admiral Angus Topshee
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Mar 20, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia & Byron Callan Looks at the Week Ahead
- The Downlink [Mar 19, 23] Space Force Budget, Plus Science Chief Mozer: “We are in a hinge of history moment”
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Mar 19, ’23 Business Report]
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [Mar 17, ’23] Ep:87 Bryan Clark on Budget, AUKUS & MQ-9 Mishap