On this week’s Cyber Report, sponsored by Fortress Information Security, Mark Montgomery, a retired US Navy rear admiral who is now the the senior director of the Center on Cyber and Technology Innovation at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies and director of the bipartisan Cyber Solarium 2.0 Commission, discusses the White House meeting next week to craft a national strategy to secure the Internet of Things, legislative changes and spending needed to improve IoT security, whether the Biden administration’s clampdown on exporting chip making technology to China is effective, Russia’s recent hacks and link between cyber capabilities and nuclear deterrence, key storylines from the Cipher Brief’s 2022 Threat Conference including impediments to greater government-industry collaboration and whether the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency should be independent, the cyber implications of the new National Security Strategy, and the cyber elements of the Senate’s version of the National Defense Authorization Act with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian.
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [May 26, ’23] Ep: 96 Civilian v. Military Jurisdiction
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable May 26, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [May 25, 23] Ep19: New Drone, Who Dis?
- Defense & Aerospace Technology Report [May 24, 23] AI State of Play w/ Tom Siebel
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [May 23, 23] AEI’s Dr Bill Greenwalt on AUKUS
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [May 22, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia-Ukraine & Byron Callan’s Week Ahead
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [May 21, ’23 Business Report]
- The Downlink [May 20, 23] DIU’s “Bucky” Butow, Space Innovation, and the Industrial Base