On this week’s Cyber Report, sponsored by Fortress Information Security, Justin Sherman of the Atlantic Council and a Wired Magazine contributor, discusses Russian efforts to sow disinformation in the West, how to counter it, why it’s an important issue for the cyber community, the recent Atlantic Council report he coauthored — “Hackers, Hoodies, and Helmets: Technology and the Changing Face of Russian Private Military Contractors” — how such groups are expanding their capabilities beyond the battlefield to political and cyber warfare including offensive cyber operations, how to consider their role as combatants under the laws of war, and the latest revelations from a Twitter whistleblower with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian.
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [May 26, ’23] Ep: 96 Civilian v. Military Jurisdiction
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable May 26, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [May 25, 23] Ep19: New Drone, Who Dis?
- Defense & Aerospace Technology Report [May 24, 23] AI State of Play w/ Tom Siebel
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [May 23, 23] AEI’s Dr Bill Greenwalt on AUKUS
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [May 22, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia-Ukraine & Byron Callan’s Week Ahead
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [May 21, ’23 Business Report]
- The Downlink [May 20, 23] DIU’s “Bucky” Butow, Space Innovation, and the Industrial Base