On this episode of the DefAero Report Daily Podcast, sponsored by Bell, our guest Dr. Tom Karako, the director of the Missile Defense Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, discusses the future of the US Navy’s Aegis ballistic missile defense system at sea and ashore, how the iconic weapon system continues to be evolved to address emerging threats including from hypersonic weapons, an architectural approach to defeating hypersonic weapons that includes kinetic as well as electromagnetic and directed energy, the layered approach to developing US hypersonic capabilities and the what the Biden administration should bear in mind as it conducts its missile defense review with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian. This podcast marks the start of a regular series on air and missile defense as well as long-range strike.
- The DownLink: [Dec 04 ’21] The U.S. National Space Council is Back in Business
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [Dec 04, 21] Episode 26…Remember Pearl Harbor-Slogan or Sound Advice?
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable Dec 03, 21]
- DefAero JADC2 Report [Dec 02, ’21] Bryan Clark
- Northrop Grumman Cyber Report [Dec 01, 21]: Convo w/ Chris Painter
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Nov 30, 2021] Manufacturing Competitiveness & Update from I/ITSEC
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Nov 29, 2021] Look Ahead w/ Byron Callan & Chris Servello
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Nov 28, ’21 Business Report]