Elinor Otto, the nation’s longest-working Rosie the Riveter and a 2017 Air Force Association Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, discusses what the honor means to her, how she entered the aerospace industry and her experience working at the Rohr Aircraft Coproration during Part 1 of her interview at AFA’s 2017 Air, Space & Cyber conference and trade show near Washington. Otto, a first-generation Rosie the Riveter, worked in the aircraft business for 68 years, until she was laid off by Boeing in 2015. The Defense & Aerospace Report’s coverage is sponsored by L3 Technologies and Leonardo DRS, and this interview is in partnership with AFA.
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable Mar 24, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [Mar 23, 23] Ep10: Fly Navy!
- Cyber Report [Mar 22, 23] Justin Sherman on What to Expect from TikTok Hearings
- DEFAERO Strategy Series [Mar 21, ’23] w/ Commander of the Royal Canadian Navy Vice-Admiral Angus Topshee
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Mar 20, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia & Byron Callan Looks at the Week Ahead
- The Downlink [Mar 19, 23] Space Force Budget, Plus Science Chief Mozer: “We are in a hinge of history moment”
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Mar 19, ’23 Business Report]
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [Mar 17, ’23] Ep:87 Bryan Clark on Budget, AUKUS & MQ-9 Mishap