On this episode of the DefAero Report Daily Podcast, sponsored by Bell, Dr. Bill Greenwalt, one of the nation’s leading thinkers on defense acquisition at the American Enterprise Institute and the co-author, with Tom Corbin, of the new report from the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney — “Breaking the Barriers: Reforming US Export Controls to Realise the potential of AUKUS” — discusses what the Australia-US-UK partnership is and isn’t, the biggest impediments that stand in the way of delivering capability at speed and scale, the importance of speed to deter conflict, the imperative to change dated and onerous US export controls that hinder much-needed cooperation and irritate allies, areas where the technological partnership among Five Eyes allies can move more quickly and learn lessons that make more complicated efforts easier like equipping Australia nuclear submarines, how to more closely harmonize nuclear submarine technologies among allies to lower production and operating cost, how to more rapidly adopt commercial innovation to quickly and more economically address military needs, and what America can learn from its allies with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian.
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Sep 25, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia-Ukraine & Byron Callan’s Week Ahead
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Sep 24, ’23 Business Report]
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [Sep 23, ’23] Ep: 112 Convo w/Airlant Commander RADM Doug Verissimo
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Washington Roundtable Sep 22, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [Sep 21, 23] Ep34: Dude, Where’s My Jet?
- Defense & Aerospace Technology Report [Sep 20, 23] Dr. Maciej Klemm of Anti-Drone Company APS & Rob Basset Cross of AI Firm Adarga
- DEFAERO Strategy Series [Sep 19, ’23] w/ Amb. Jim Cunningham
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Sep 18, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia-Ukraine & Byron Callan’s Week Ahead