On today’s program, sponsored by HII, Sam Bendett of the Center for Naval Analyses discusses Russia’s claim to have taken Bakhmut and Ukraine’s stance they are still control parts of the devastated city, why Wagner Group mercenary and convict force boss Yevgeny Prigozhin isn’t getting credit, how F-16s for Ukraine might change the next phase of the war, the high cost of Russia’s long-range strikes against Kyiv and Ukraine’s successful defense against those strikes, and an unmanned systems update; and Byron Callan of the independent Washington research firm Capital Alpha Partners discusses the prospects for a deal that averts a US debt default and what that deal might mean for defense spending given what happened in the wake of 2010 debt crisis that resulted in the Budget Control Act of 2011, what analysis of 2011-2016 tells is about what might happen next, and a look at the week ahead with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian.
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Sep 25, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia-Ukraine & Byron Callan’s Week Ahead
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Sep 24, ’23 Business Report]
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [Sep 23, ’23] Ep: 112 Convo w/Airlant Commander RADM Doug Verissimo
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Washington Roundtable Sep 22, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [Sep 21, 23] Ep34: Dude, Where’s My Jet?
- Defense & Aerospace Technology Report [Sep 20, 23] Dr. Maciej Klemm of Anti-Drone Company APS & Rob Basset Cross of AI Firm Adarga
- DEFAERO Strategy Series [Sep 19, ’23] w/ Amb. Jim Cunningham
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Sep 18, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia-Ukraine & Byron Callan’s Week Ahead