On this episode of the DefAero Report Daily Podcast, sponsored by Bell, Dr. Jerry McGinn and Eric Lofgren of the Baroni Center for Government Contracting at George Mason University discuss new ways to help innovative small companies survive DoD’s acquisition process to grow into sustainable enterprises, whether change is happening fast enough, the Pentagon’s new strategic capital initiative and NDAA items to watch; and Dr. Caitlin Lee, the director of the Center for Unmanned and Autonomy Studies at the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies discusses the new report she co-authored with Mitchell’s Mark Gunzinger — “The Next Frontier: UAVs for Great Power Conflict, Part I: Penetrating Strike” — discusses takeaways from the report, the role of the unmanned modular collaborative combat aircraft the US Air Force is developing to improve its long-range strike, reconnaissance and electronic warfare capabilities, the network needed to target and strike with precision at range, the blend of new and old assets that can help realize this capability, and what’s next in the series with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian.
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Mar 28, 23] Command & Control Series Pt4 w/ MG Schultz
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast [Mar 27, 23] Sam Bendett on Russia, David Asher on Sanctions & Byron Callan Looks at the Week Ahead
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [Mar 26, ’23 Business Report]
- The Downlink [Mar 26, 23]AI Hype is Warranted But What About the Vulnerabilities and Security For Space Operations?
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [Mar 24, ’23] Ep: 88 Leidos’ Dave Lewis on Getting Tech to Warfighters
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable Mar 24, ’23]
- Defense & Aerospace Air Power Podcast [Mar 23, 23] Ep10: Fly Navy!
- Cyber Report [Mar 22, 23] Justin Sherman on What to Expect from TikTok Hearings