On this episode of the DefAero Report Daily Podcast, sponsored by Bell, Vice Adm. Bill Galinis, USN, the commander of the Naval Sea Systems Command, discusses the impact of continuing resolutions on ship repair, how his team is addressing a massive maintenance and overhaul backlog, how new contracting approaches can improve availabilities at private shipyards, work to determine extra drydock and personnel needed to address wartime battle damage, improving battle damage repair skill at the upcoming Rim of the Pacific exercise as well as from the Bonhomme Richard after fire gutted the amphibious assault ship, survivability in an era of hypersonic anti-ship weaponry, and lessons from the Constellation-class frigate that can be applied to the Navy’s future destroyer with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian at the Surface Navy Association’s 2022 symposium.
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable May 26, ’22]
- Cyber Report [May 25, 22] CSIS’ Dr Jim Lewis on New Quantum Computing Strategy
- DEFAERO Report Daily Podcast [May 24, 22] AWS’ Crosier on Aerospace and Satellite Solutions
- The DownLink [May 23, ’22] Why Is The U.S. Using Satellites and Social Media For Russian War Crimes?
- DEFAERO Report Daily Podcast [May 23, 22] Sam Bendett Update on Russo-Ukraine Conflict
- Defense & Aerospace Report Podcast [May 22, ’22 Business Report]
- CAVASSHIPS Podcast [May 21, ’22] Episode 49…Criticizing the Commandant
- Defense & Aerospace Podcast [Washington Roundtable May 20, ’22]